Auto accidents can present insurmountable challenges for the victims injured and/or affected, and my aim is to help these individuals to navigate the process toward acquiring recompense. However, to understand the state of our region as it relates to auto accidents, I wanted to provide some car accident statistics…
According to data from the city of Seattle:
- The fatal accidents in 2011 were down to 19 from 23 in 2010, with 20 total fatalities in 2011 and 25 in 2010.
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents were also down 29 in 2011 from 36 from 2010. A total of 37 people were involved (injured, killed, and uninjured) in fatal car accidents in 2011, down from 45 in 2010. Only 5 pedestrians were involved in fatal auto accidents in 2011, compared with 10 pedestrians in 2010.
- Fatal drunk driving collisions decreased in 2011 to 7 from 11 fatal accidents caused by drunk drivers in 2010.
According to the 2012 Annual Collision Summary for Washington State (2013’s has not yet been released):
- A car accident occurred every 5 minutes.
- An individual died in an auto accident every 20 hours.
- Every 12 minutes, someone was injured in a car accident.
- Crashes involving a motorcyclist occurred every 4 hours.
- Pedestrians or cyclists were involved in a crash every 4 days.
- Every 25 minutes, a car crash involving a speeding driver occurred (Speeding was the most frequent contributing circumstance in all collisions).
- An impaired driver (i.e. DUI) was involved in a car accident every 2 hours.
- A fatality occurred as a result of a car accident involving an impaired driver every 2 days (Half of all traffic fatalities involved an impaired driver).
In the year 2012, there were 99,560 car accidents across the state of Washington.
For a national picture of fatal car crashes, click here for a map of fatalities from a collision involving a motor vehicle between January 2001 and December 2009.
If you are involved in a car accident that caused you injury and were not at fault, contact the office of Chuck Martin. I will use my extensive knowledge and expertise to acquire the best possible settlement outcome, and argue your case for justice.
Charles Martin, Marin Law LLC
Call for a free consultation 206-684-9468